If you are safe at home, please consider staying home for the next 28 days. We will miss you, but want you to be safe.
NOV. 15 UPDATE: PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR OPEN HOURS AND CAPACITY WILL BE RESTRICTED DURING THE NEXT 28 DAYS AS HAMILTON IS IN THE RED ZONE FOR COVID RESTRICTIONS. PLEASE CALL AHEAD IF YOU ARE COMING IN FROM A DISTANCE IF YOU ARE ABLE.
We are open with reduced hours and programs. COVID-19 safety guidelines will be in place to keep everyone healthy including:
- Clean hands and verbal screening coming into Helping Hands
- All touched surfaces cleaned regularly
- Physical distancing and mask wearing enforced
- Screening questions for all entering
Reusable masks are available to all, with the opportunity to bring in dirty masks for laundering. We thank the City of Hamilton, churches and community members for supplying us with face masks. Disposable masks are also available, thanks to United Way.
Reaching out, one hand at a time,
with love and respect.
- Helping Hands Street Mission is a very safe and open place to be honest and not be judged by the people who attend and run it. Everyone is treated the same. The volunteers actually care about everyone that they meet.
I have been encouraged to finish my school, and they hold me accountable to the time it will take me.
May god bless all those involved with HHSM.
- My daughter Abby and I have been visiting the mission for the past 9 years. We have always been greeted with warm smiles.
We both enjoy attending Mama's Place on Thursday afternoons where we can connect and learn with other women in the community. The ladies have made us feel special and accepted. This group of volunteers have always been eager to lend an open ear and a helping hand.